Listening to your child may seem to be a daunting task for you, especially if you have a busy schedule. It is because, listening is not an easy task as people think, rather it needs to make a conscious effort what people are saying, then understand it by digesting the whole thing. But in the busy schedule of life, you may be juggling between work, household chores, parenting and the other everyday business of life that can make you feel less important to listen to your child carefully. But, the recent study shows that listening to your child makes it more likely that they also listen to you as well. Unison Kinderwold is one of the best prep schools in Pinjore that always encourages the prerents to listen to their child attentively. Now look at some of the important reasons why active listening is important in the child’s growth and overall development.
Top Reasons Why You Should Listen To Your Child:
There is no denying fact that when you listen to your child, you get to know what they are thinking about you or the outside world. As you know childhood is the most crucial phase for the development of a child. It is in that phase that children try to express their feelings with limited vocabulary. Now, look at some reasons why you should listen to your child.
- Strengthen Your Bond: By listing actively to your child, you can make them how important they are in your life. It will in return build the confidence and trust of your child. In addition, it will help both of you to make a stronger bond with each other. So it is recommended to listen to your child carefully, engage with their conversation, allowing them to express their own feeling and judgment so that they can find their own voice. It will definitely help them for their better future.
- Helps Them in Communicating: Active listening is such an important thing that helps your children to build their self confidence, and thus they feel that you value for their thoughts and opinion. So that they will continue this habit in their later years such as teenage and adult years and thus they will not hesitate to share their opinion on various things.
- Help in Developing Social Skills: If you attentively listen to your child, it will help your child to develop a positive feeling which results in developing positive social relationships. But how? When you listen to your attentively, you make them feel that a conversation involves not only speaking but it is also important to listen what others tell.
- Helps in Building Self-Esteem: If you actively listen to your child, they will feel that they are a priority to you. It will help their self-esteem grows manifold. It simply means that with your full attention you can help your child to make them self-worth.
- Helps Enhancing Emotional Awareness: It is obvious that, if you spend some quality time with your child by offering your child a space to express their feeling, it will help you to understand whether you child is happy or sad. So that you can help them better.
The Final Thought:
So, if you want to be a role model for your child, make sure you actively listen to your child. The most important thing is that when you listen to your child, it makes them feel important. Unison Kinderwold, one of the top prep schools in Pinjore always listens to their students attentively and also encourages the parents to do the same.